Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Retta's Room


Here are some before and after pictures of Retta's room.



When we first moved into the house. Excuse the mess...




I repainted it shortly after we moved in.


And repainted it when we found out we were having a girl. For now we still have the guest bed in there.






It seems like her little laundry hamper is always full.


This was an old plant stand that I repainted and then decoupaged a piece of scrapbook paper on top.





I made a pendant banner instead of curtains over the roman shades.



I didn't have any cute fabric so I used scrapbook paper and stapled them to a piece of ribbon. (the lazy man's version)




The picture is of cowgirls at the 1911 Roundup. My Dad made the frame out of old barnwood and I threw some pearls on it to girl it up a bit.



I made these tissue paper balls (not sure of the correct term) and they were super easy.






Instead of a crib skirt, I used two different colors of tuling and wove them through the bars of the crib.




This is when we first moved in. I painted the dresser in the picture black and put new knobs on it. Goes good with the black crib.


My next project is to get the master bedroom finished. I need a deadline like I had with Retta's room (my due date).

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Wish I could say Mikaela's area was that cute, but it's just not! I've found I need to get a basket for all her stuffed animals. There are just too many!

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute, I love the tissue paper balls. Pink and black is very stylish.

cowgirl commentaries said...

Thanks ladies! I had fun working on it!