Monday, April 27, 2009

CAMPER CUSHIONS

Countless hours, blood, sweat and tears went into reupholstering the camper cushions. I should rephrase that...Lindsey put countless hours, blood, sweat and tears into it. I sat on the couch eating bon bons while telling her how it should be done.



The previous material was a lovely floral pattern that basically crumbled when you touched it.

Once again I was petrified of mold and could feel my throat tightening up so I'm not sure why I was so eager to model the old material.


Picking out the fabric was a tough decision. Ultimately we wanted some red faux alligator material. However, when you're camping in 112 degree weather, the last thing you want to do is stick to the cushions when you are already playing a heated game of spoons.

We wanted it to be funky and make a splash yet practical and somewhat basic so that it flowed with all of our other design elements. Being on a budget was also a key component in the decision process.

So we ended up going with this combo, which I might add, was all on sale!




We topped all the cushions off with over 100 feet of piping. I was going to go into the riveting details of how to make piping but I will spare all of you. Your welcome!




Here Seamtress Lindsey slaves away on one of the cushion's zippers.
Cushions are complete!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures of the cushions?? I can't wait to see them. You girls are so FUNNY.

bcoy said...

hi girls, this is Aunt Janet on vaction in Mn with Aunt Barb, Vicky, Connie Julie and little Tessa. Barb is drinking wine at the moment. We are on our way to the Spam factory,then on to the mall of america wish you were here. It sounds like you are having a great time with the camper. Hope to get to see it someday.

Ris said...

Teehee you are funny! That green is a great color for you Annie! I agree camping on any skin type wouldn't be that great!