Monday, April 6, 2009

REVEALING THE NAME!!!

Many of you have been curious as to what we will be naming our 'summer fun wagon.' My initial thought was to hold a contest and pick the wildest name. However, after further discussion we decided to save that idea for our next camper.

While we thought long and hard about her name, it was pretty obvious what the slogan should be, especially after the first day of demolition.

Rotten to the Core


Yep, I think that's quite appropriate. Anyway, back to the naming. Lindsey and I brainstormed and finally came up with the perfect name.

Drum roll please......

Yes! Barbara! We decided to name her Barbara after our Aunt Barb who was our inspiration for this project.

I came up with a few little acronyms for her. These do not necessarily represent our Aunt Barb...just Barbara the camper.

B is for Boy deterrent (There were big plans coming from the husband and boyfriend about taking her elk hunting, etc. That came to a halt as soon as they learned about the pretty pink heart and rhinestoned pillows)

A is for Ancient (1969 in camper years is actually very old)

R is for Rotten to the core (enough said)

B is for free Bird (my address is like my shoes, it travels with me wherever I go)

A is for Airy (when the wind blows there is a bit of a draft...or when it blizzards we find snow packed in every little crack and crevice)

R is for Rebellious (well behaved women rarely make history)

A is for Adorable (she is basically the cutest thing ever except for our nephew and Gypsy and...)

Here's a little teaser of the future decor.

Throughout this post I have given several clues that elude to some of the future details of the camper. Can you guess of any of them?

One more clue: $18 bottle of turquoise spray paint



2 comments:

Rissa said...

I LOVE the name!!!! And it looks so awesome with the wings around it!

bcoy said...

I can't believe this. I love the name. You girls have done and awesome job. I can't wait to see her. Love you both Aunt Barb