Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hoosier Cabinet

Five or six years ago I bought the bottom to a hoosier cabinet. It needed to be refinished but was in fairly good shape including the enamel countertop. Needless to say, it sat in my garden shed since that day. Then earlier this spring we were rummaging around in some old buildings at my Mom and Dad's. Buried in the back was the top for a hoosier cabinet.


It was in dire shape but I had to have it. We drug it out, knocked the mice nests out, and hauled it home.




I spent several days stripping paint, replacing glass, adding beadboard, stabilizing shelves, and painting.


The finished product.

I moved my kitchen table into the living room and put the cabinet in the kitchen.


Now I just need to find a cutting board to fit in the bottom slot.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

WOW! It looks absolutely beautiful!

www.cowgirlcomentaries.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Moneik! I'm so happy with how it turned out!

Ris said...

Annie you did an AWESOME job on this project!!!