Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hooptie Sleeper

From time to time I compare notes with a coworker who has been fixing up a camper as well. He shared an interesting term that he uses for his camper. I thought it was pretty fitting for our Barbara.


In his exact words...


HOOPTIE

"an urban, old school rap term for a low-budget ride that is done the cheap way. Back in the day, before we knew the term “pimp my ride” if you “accessorized” your car you either did it with style or class, or you went to WalMart’s auto care isle and got ya cheap bling like plastic chrome hubcaps and do it yourself tint. Doing it the latter way made your ride a hooptie. The main point though, is that it already started out as a piece of junk and ya tried to fix it up to make it look 'dope.'"


Yep, I think that sums up this project perfectly.

1 comment:

Ris said...

HA! That is funny. I definitely think I should do a little work on my ole boat. I think giving her an actual grill would make the ole linc. look brand spankin new!