Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chair Mania

If Lindsey could admit it, I can too...I have a chair fettish. I must have picked it up from her or maybe it was those chair deprived years in college. One scanky couch for my roommates, me and our numerous "study buddies" to hang out on. Whatever the case may be, I love chairs. I recently counted 17 in my home; which isn't even a 1,000 sq. ft. I'm always on the look out for a good bargain, one that is unique or one that I can "redo."








I purchased this one at Sandhills Sage in Johnstown, Nebraska. If you are in that area (30 miles East of Valentine) I highly recommend that you stop in to see the ladies at this one of a kind store. They are only open about 4-5 times a year but it's totally worth it.

This is an antique rocker that I purchased from a co-worker. She had bought it at a rummage sale several years ago with the intent of redoing it.


Most of my projects end up sitting dormant for several months but I was on a time crunch with this one. I was trying to finish it to give to our sister before she had her baby. Needless to say, Beefcake was born and another rocker was given to her before I finished. So I kept it and it sits in my already jam packed living room.



When my fiance and I first started dating, he thought it was cute. In fact, he even fed my obsession by giving me a 1950s retro piece for Christmas.



Now my habit has quickly become one that he dreads. He cringes at the thought of me and all my chairs moving in with him after we're married. On a recent garage sale excursion, I ran into two dining room type chairs that I just had to have.

For $2.50 each who cares if you don't have any room for them. He was the least bit thrilled and started protesting but I didn't hear him. I was too infatuiated. I quickly snatched them up before a little old lady had the chance to even eye them.


If you have an idea for these chairs, please let us know! I will be redoing them in the next month.

I will try to get a handle on my habit. The first step is to admit you have a problem, which I have already done. So I'm on the road to recovery. Just beware when you all start getting chairs for your birthday, wedding, Christmas, graduation, baby shower, bar mitzvah...

1 comment:

Ris said...

I am really not sure where you put all of those. Since the last time i was at your house you have doubled your sitting!