Saturday, January 9, 2010

Before and After - another chair

Matt's dear grandma Alice passed away about this time two years ago. She was a sweet woman whom I did have the honor of getting to know. When Matt's mom and aunt's were going through Grandma Alice's belonging some time later, they ran across this chair. Matt's mom thought I would like to have it.

I thought it was really great, but wanted to redo it as it needed a little TLC.

I love this black and white upholstery fabric. I had bought it when a local store was going out of business.
I had started to strip the wood of it's finish, but didn't feel that I was going to get a good result. So I decided to paint it black.

I added some black trim to the bottom of the seat to dress it up a little. I really like how this turned out.
P.S. Obviously, these pictures were NOT taken today! Ha! It will be summer before we know it again!



2 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

WOW Lindsey, that turned out awesome. Now send it back! LOL...just joking. I love the black and white. Wonder where you are displaying all these chairs.

Dustin & Andi Rische said...

Love the chair Lindsey! You do a beautiful job!