Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fun Mail

Day after day when I go to the mailbox I find bills and junk mail. Some days I don't even actually get my mail. Confession: Sometimes, I actually stop at the mailbox, look in, and if nothing looks interesting, I don't even make the effort to get the mail out! Pathetic huh?

However, there are those rare occassions in which something fun is in the mail. Like birthdays. Or just for no reason at all. I was recently the recipient of fun mail that wasn't for my birthday!
My sister-in-law is a paper-crafter extraordinaire. If you are into scrapbooking, stamping, or making cards, you HAVE to check out her site http://www.katieskiff.typepad.com/. She is pretty much an expert in this area. She sells product, creates kits, showcases stuff everyday on her blog, is on design teams, and also teaches classes. She recently sent me all the materials and instructions to create cards she did at her last class.
The contents of the package:
Some of my finished cards from her packet!
I also received a huge box of goodies from a friend in Missouri. Her name is Tracy, and I met her online over a year ago. She is such a great person and has been a very supportive friend. She is the mother of a sweet baby girl. When she heard I was expecting a girl, she sent us all of this:

Oodles of really cute baby clothes, a diaper bag, baby soap, sleepers, you name it!

I hope you get something fun in the mail this week!

2 comments:

Ris said...

How exciting! How neat that you got both of those packages! I love mail, fun mail that is!

Katie Skiff said...

I love Fun Mail too! YAY!! Thanks for sharing all of your mail with us. I won't be mailing anything, but sending with mom and dad. Maybe I'll have her put it in your mail box!! LOL
Anyway, McKinley had to buy something for the baby this weekend. I think we need to stop, or we will be sending you something weekly!
Have a good week Lindsey!