Sunday, September 6, 2009

I do




I'm happy to say I am now Mrs. Lariann Lanka! We had a very nice ceremony at our church that we attend in Rapid City. Pastor Rebecca married us off and we had two witnesses that have been married for 43 years. Ironically their names are Larry and Linda, which are my parents names!





We had a surprise visit by the wedding crashers who threw birdseed at us, wrote on the camper windows and stuck a sign in my front yard!


The first mishap of the trip happened before we even left Rapid City. As we were driving from the church to my house, the camper got a little close to the neighbors mailbox. Okay, really close. We smoked it! I won't say who was driving but he might have been the groom! I was laughing so hard I could hardly see straight! The camper door was bent up a bit and the mailbox needed to be reattached to the post.





After quickly trying to repair the damage, we got on the road and headed to Denver. Luckily, that leg of the trip was uneventful except for an arguement about the Rocky Mountains. Saturday morning we went to see Lovely Louise. She's doing great and sends her love to Mom, Lindsey, and Larissa. The drive from Denver to Grand Junction was interesting. Imagine two country bumpkins driving through busy holiday traffic. It was stop and go on the interstate for quite aways. Zach was concerned that I was riding the breaks too much. He didn't know riding breaks until we got going down some of those mountains. Anyway, we made it to Moab, UT in good order and set up camp.




Zach was pretty concerned that he was missing the Husker game so we managed to find it online. They won! (I know you all were wondering).

1 comment:

sister of the bride said...

CONGRATS!!!! How exciting! I am interested in what the arguement of the Rockies entaled! HA!